Stirlingshire travelled to Ranfurly Castle to face a strong Renfrewshire team on Sunday 14th October 2012. In a very close encounter fielding two high class sides the contest came down once again to Stuart Haddow of Falkirk Golf Club needing to win the last two holes to win by 1 hole to secure an overall half match.
Stirlingshire started brightly with Graeme Robertson playing at number 1 , returning from the Eisenhower Trophy in Turkey , beating Gordon Stevenson by 4+3 ( a fine performance against a class player). The next two matches finished all square for Ryan Campbell and Fraser Moore against good opposition. Making a welcome return to the team , Jamie lynch playing at number 4 was beaten by 5 +4 and up against it all day.
David Buchanan and Steven Aitken both won their tight matches by 1 hole , playing at 5 and 7 respectively leaving Stuart Haddow to win the vital point to give the overall half.
Stirlingshire will finish either second or third depending on the final game between Ayrshire and Renfrewshire which has still to be played.
The team is continuing to improve and I would like to thank all Stirlingshire players for their participation in the West League this season.
Individual results , Stirlingshire Players First :
1. Graeme Robertson vs Gordon Stevenson Won 4 +3
2. Ryan Campbell vs Ronnie Clark Halved Match
3. Fraser Moore vs Andrew Farmer Halved Match
4. Jamie Lynch vs Chris Kelly Lost 5 + 4
5. David Buchanan vs Michael Daily Won 1 Hole
6. Staurt Haddow vs Paul Anderson Won 1 Hole
7. Steven Aitken vs Derek Anderson Won 1 Hole
8. Mark Hislop vs Alastair McDougall Lost 4+3
9. Chris Lawton vs Steve Higgins Lost 5+4
10. Eric Gall vs Ryan McKenzie Lost 3+2.